Leadership & Emotional Intelligence
Todays professional landscape looks very different from even just five years ago, and will look exponentially different in another five years from today. The reason for this is because of our fast-paced digital world which is changing the way we do everything and leadership is no exception. Todays leaders are expected to do more with less. They must be collaborative, adaptive, resourceful and organizationally effective.
Research indicates that the majority of skills associated with high-performing leaders falls under the category of emotional intelligence as opposed to technical skill. The performance gap between leaders with high emotional intelligence and those with lower emotional intelligence continues to expand in consideration of the following.
These leadership challenges lead to...
- Disengaged employees who create toxic environments
- An inability to produce results and meet organizational goals
- High attrition rates through ineffective leadership approaches
- An inability to sustain, create or guide organizational change
- An inability to increase, sustain and create employee loyalty
- An inability to successfully implement organizational changes
- Dysfunctional teams who are incapable of collaborating effectively
- Negative attitudes including an inability to receive feedback well
- Wasted time spent on disputes instead of the grand vision
- An inability to keep high-performing, high-value employees
Low-EQ leaders struggle with...
- Building authentic relationships based on trust
- Effectively guiding, developing and empowering others
- Sufficiently understanding and responding to the needs of others
- Inspiring and motivating others to perform at their very best
- Leading as an influencer instead of a dictator
- Leading effectively through changing environments
- Creating and maintaining a positive culture
- Dealing with conflict in a healthy and constructive way
- Being exemplary in ethics and other standards of conduct
- Displaying confidence and communicating effectively
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
More and more, we see research pointing to emotional intelligence as the most significant and differentiating leadership skill of today and the future. Emotional intelligence is the missing link that allows organizations to create results by successfully implement strategies, processes and directives through their leadership. The reason for this is because...
...emotions drive people and people drive performance.
Our priority as emotional intelligence professionals is the success of your business. This is why our process of Explore, Experience & Excel starts with you:
Explore. The first step of our process is about exploration. This is where we seek to understand the big picture, which involves your organizational goals. From there, we use industry-leading EQ assessments to continue the process of exploration by identifying the strengths and opportunities of your leaders. We then, identify the focus areas for emotional intelligence coaching and ensure that they are connected to your business and leadership goals. Once a clear action plan is in place, it’s time for the next step, which is experiential learning.
Experience. The second step of our process is about experiential learning which has two components; coaching/training and real-world application. Both of these components feed back and forth between each other to enhance the overall learning process. Experience is the most critical part of emotional intelligence learning, or any learning for that matter. Our emphasis on experience is due to the fact that human beings naturally learn by doing, especially in context to the real-life situation. It is unrealistic to expect people to learn something out of context and then apply it effectively in context. The real world situation is where the important questions arise, and if those questions are not addressed, learning does not happen and results are not created. This is why we have specifically designed our coaching and training approach to not only solve this problem, but also allow it to operate as a strength. With practise, leaders begin to excel, which takes us to our next step.
Excel. The third step of our process is about excelling in performance. As experience continues, learning deepens and leaders begin to excel in their performance and create significant impact. They see the connection between the practice of emotional intelligence, effective leadership and the business goals. They have a clear understanding of how their actions impact the bigger picture. This is where lasting results begin to occur. At this point, leaders step into a new paradigm of performance. This is the solution that we can’t wait to bring to you and before we do, we want to make sure that understand exactly how it works, and why it works so well. Introducing EQ Squared.
What is EQ or EI?
EQ is the measure of emotional intelligence (EI), which refers to ones ability to be aware of, control, and express ones emotions, handle interpersonal relationships effectively as well as respond purposefully to situations to create desired outcomes. It is comprised of five main competencies; self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal, decision-making and stress management.
EQ Squared is a custom-designed, experience-based, emotional intelligence coaching and training program for professional leaders. It starts with a deep understanding of your business and leadership needs in order to incorporate them into a comprehensive learning solution that is easy to deploy.
Why EQ Matters:
Research shows that emotional intelligence is more important to leadership performance than ability and technical skill combined. High EQ leaders more effectively:
- Understand and leverage team dynamics enabling them to achieve business goals.
- Create high-performance cultures through a compelling vision for the future.
- Assess, manage and inspire talent by building authentic and meaningful relationships. (+more)
How is EQ Measured?
EQ is measured using a scientifically validated assessment tool called EQ-i 2.0. This tool organizes the participants results into the competencies and sub-competencies displayed here in the circular model. EQ-i 2.0 was created by Multi-Health Systems (MHS), a world-leading publisher of psychometric assessments for over 30 years.
What does EQ Squared Include?
The EQ Squared process starts with a consultation which allows us to understand your unique business needs and create a custom-designed emotional intelligence solution. Depending on your needs, your program may include all of, or some of the following components:
Complimentary Consult - EQ-i 2.0 Assessment - EQ-i 2.0 Leadership Report - EQ-i 2.0 360 Report - EQ Coaching (Certified EQ-i Practitioner) - Custom-Designed EQ Training (Certified Training Practitioner) - Virtual or In-Person***
10% of all proceeds generated from EQ Squared is donated to PARADIGM Community - Learn more here.